Skip to content
Wanaka Fly Fishing

Get in Touch

Book your trip today

Please send your enquiry via email and we will endeavour to reply within 24hrs. During peak season this may be a little more difficult, as much of the time we are out of range/service guiding on the rivers of the South Island. However as soon as we receive your enquiry we will let you know that is has been received. In the subject line or in the body of your email please let us know what trip you are most interested in from our trips page. Thank you, we really look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Fly Fishing NZ Clear Rivers

Terms and Conditions for Southern Rivers Fly Fishing 

Booking Policy

Booking in advance is highly recommended to ensure the opportunity to experience world-class fly fishing and to avoid the disappointment of guide unavailability. Season bookings do fill fast, particularly for the months from January through to April.

Bookings require a 30% deposit. Deposits are to be paid within one week of the client receiving their deposit invoice.
Payment methods to confirm bookings include – Bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard, cheque or cash. Credit Card payments will incur a 4% surcharge.

Cancellation Policy

Trips cancelled more than six weeks prior to trip commencement receive a refund of 90% of the deposit amount. Leaving 10% of the deposit to cover admin fees etc.
Trips cancelled within six weeks of trip commencement will incur a non refundable deposit.
Trips cancelled by the client within two weeks of the trip’s commencement date will require full payment (100%) of the trip cancelled.
A trip may be cancelled within 48hrs of trip commencement under severe weather conditions where client safety and comfort is an issue, or there are no viable fishing options available due to extreme weather conditions. This is at the discretion of both guide and client (this is incredibly rare). In the case of a trip being cancelled due to severe weather 50% of the cost of the trip will be refunded. Trips will be rescheduled where possible.

If a day of guided fishing is cancelled by a client through no fault of the guide then the full day rate will apply for that day. Any subsequent days that are also cancelled for the same reason will also incur the full day rate.
* Please note that the deposit total is made up of 30% of the total trip booked.
*Please note that the final balance is to be paid at the completion of the trip and may vary in accordance to any changes of trip details, but only with the authority of the client. For example, changes to meals, accommodation, fishing licenses, helicopter or boating costs not covered or included, or any reduction in fees due to unforeseen circumstances like extreme weather. Any changes will be discussed with the client prior to occurring.

Bank transfer is the preferred method of deposit payment. All international bank transfer fees must be paid at the time of transfer or alternatively they will be recovered upon duration of trip. Please use your surname as a reference on the transfer payment. Contact me to discuss alternate options if this is not your preferred payment method. Once the deposit is paid in full an official confirmation of the booking and details will be sent to you.

Special Covid-19 Conditions

As the world works through the Covid-19 Pandemic, normal booking policy applies.
Bookings that are directly effected by the Covid-19 virus are eligible to be transferred to the following season with no fees incurred. If the trip can not be undertaken the following season then standard T&C’s apply to the deposit at the time of cancellation. Bookings cannot be transferred any further out than the following season.